Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Week Day 7

The final day of my birthday week was Sunday.

Sunday we got up and went to church, then we went to my Mom's for lunch. I got to choose the menu, but I really only chose 2 of the items. I'm really not very picky. I decided several weeks ago that I wanted carrot cake, so my Mom made one from scratch. It was YUMMY! It took me much longer to decide on the main course. I finally decided on Buffalo Chicken Casserole. There is a Buffalo Chicken Dip that I really LOVE. I even posted a recipe for it. You can find it HERE. I didn't think it was very practical to have dip for lunch, so I asked my Mom to combine the dip recipe with her hashbrown casserole recipe and it turned out SO yummy. It will definitely be something that we repeat around here. We also had broccoli, corn, mashed potatoes and rolls. She also had a little bit of smoked chicken available for those that didn't like the spicy stuff. I got a few cards and some money and an Arbonne travel set w/some extras. It's always funny when my older brother gives me money for my birthday. His birthday is 8 days after mine and it seems our monetary gifts always cancel each other out. The guest list included my Mom, older brother, younger brother, SIL, niece and nephew, my bunch and my best friend and her two
boys. It was a LOVELy day.

I had such a great birthday week. I promise what I received this week was not the norm. I can't ever recall having such an eventful birthday week and it was certainly very undeserved, but so very appreciated. I am so very blessed.

No comments: