Monday, March 22, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip (I Winged It)


BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

2 [10 ounce] cans chunk chicken, drained
2 [8 ounce]packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot wing sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Combine chicken, dressing and wing sauce and spread over cream cheese. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and bake at 350* until cheese is melting (the chicken mixture will probably be bubbling around the edges).

I have made this twice and we LOVE it! The other night I was "winging it" and just using what we had. I had one block of cream cheese, 4 small cans of chicken and very little hot wing sauce. So, I used a smaller dish and just had a thicker layer of chicken. I also added vinegar, hot sauce and salt to make up for my lack of enough wing sauce. It was FABULOUS! I do think you could probably leave out the two cheeses for a lighter version and it would still be really good. We ate it with tortilla chips, but you could use crackers, etc.

No comments: