Thursday, December 27, 2007

Inspiration

This morning I sat down to do some reading in the book of Esther. Before I had even begun the Lord spoke to me. I have been struggling with my schooling (mostly because of fear and feeling inadequate) and have been feeling very convicted about it. So, today the Lord showed me this:
My girls are going to emulate me. If I am not consistent with our homeschooling, they will not be consistent with schooling their children. It is my job to show them the value of homeschooling. They will never see that value if our schooling does not take on a major place of importance in our lives. The same can be said for so many things : submission, Bible reading, prayer, housework, servanthood, faith, etc. After He showed me this I read this verse "...women of nobility who have heard about the queens conduct will respond to all the king's nobles in the same way. There will be no end of disrespect and discord. Esther 1:18" How I behave will also dictate what my son looks for and expects in his wife. If I want the best for my children, I must give my best to them. As I continued to read I had another revelation (maybe just a reminder that I am equipped) "...And who knows but that you have come to royal postiion for such a time as this. Esther 4:14" So often I feel inadequate to prepare my children for what God is calling them to and what this world is becoming. I must remember that God's timing is perfect and He has placed me here in this family with these children, "for such a time as this."
Be blessed today and know that you are equipped and more than adequate (with the Lord's help) to accomplish everything He has set before you!

No comments: