Monday, October 5, 2009

The Beauty of a Two Bathroom Household

When we first got married we lived in an apartment that only had one bathroom. No biggie though because we did not yet have any children that lived with us. Just after our first anniversary we bought our first home. It was a small home, but was brand new and had a big yard. We lived there for 8 years and really outgrew it, so we moved. We really didn't want to spend much more money, but wanted to increase our home size and move closer to family. So we traded a nice new small house with a big yard to a much larger old house (a definite fixer upper) with a small yard. We upgraded in size and downgraded in features, no central heat and air and only one bathroom. The one bathroom thing has not really been that bad. You figure out the logistics of it fairly quickly. There are only occasional issues. But here's the thing, in our old house we had two bathrooms, one of which was off of our bedroom. So, when I had a long day and needed to escape, I would go in my room and lock the door, then go in the bathroom and lock the door, turn on some music, light a candle and take a long hot bath. In this house we have only one bathroom which is off of the kitchen, you know the room that is the hub of the house. No matter what I do I can hear every noise that is going on in the entire house while I'm in there. I have almost exclusively only taken showers since we have lived here. I think I may go crazy if we do not figure out a way for me to have a peaceful getaway within our home. I'm here with these people and these pets and all of my responsibilities (housework, schoolwork , work-work, church work) day in and day out. What's a girl gotta do to get a bath?!?!?!?

Calgon take me away......................................................

No comments: