Monday, July 19, 2010

I Didn't Fall Off the Bandwagon or the Face of The Earth

I'm still here! I've just been sooooo busy that I haven't had time or energy to post. I did have my last day of work almost 2 weeks ago. I left the very next day for 5 days of church camp. Then my uncle passed away so we had church and visitation on that Sunday, then the funeral on Monday, then I went back to church to help organize food at our church's Manna House. Tuesday night we had a ladies pajama party and game night at our church. Wednesday we visited my Dad's cousin (she's a widow and the kids and I really enjoy spending time with her), then church that night. Thursday we went to a Water Park with a friend. Friday I had to do some gift shopping and met my friend in town to try on and buy my bridesmaid dress for her wedding. Saturday we delivered baked goods for our church's apartment complex outreach and went to my Mom's to see my niece (my brother is divorcing and we only get to see her a couple of times a month). Sunday was of course church, then we came home and vegged. I think I took a 3 hour nap and then slept awful last night.

Anyway, as you can see I'm enjoying my newfound freedom. We're doing fun stuff and getting to serve more often. Eventually I'm gonna have to slow this wagon down a bit so we can tackle the house and the years homeschool planning.

As for weight loss, it has been slow going. I've almost been at this for 4 months and for about 4 weeks the scales didn't move. Thankfully (praise the Lord), I was able to stay on the bandwagon and have started losing weight again. At last weeks weigh in I had lost another 1.4 lbs. and on this weeks I'd lost .6 lbs. for a total of 18 lbs. lost. I think this slow weight loss is what I can expect from here on out. It can be frustrating, but I keep reminding myself that the slower it comes off the easier it will be to keep off, I'm eating much more healthfully and every month that I stick with this is continuing to build on this habit of a healthy lifestyle. I have not lost a size yet, but can see a big difference in my waistband. I'm definitely ready to see more progress. I'll keep updating my ticker as I go and I'll try to be a better blogger.....

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Glad you are getting to enjoy "more life" now that you aren't working anymore.

I bet you look great. Keep up the good weight-loss work!

Jena Webber said...

I hear it is hard to loose the last couple of pounds, but keep up the good work!