Friday, June 20, 2008

Wandering

I'm in this weird phase right now. I am happy and secure in my relationship with the Lord (of course I still have plenty of growing to do) and He is moving in my life and our family. I have been hearing from the Lord about some things as well. So, all is well in those areas. But, when it comes to the Word I feel like I'm wandering right now. Like I'm not sure what to read and when I do it doesn't feel like I'm reading the right things. Like there is no understanding and no retention. I'm having to read things multiple times. I don't know if I explained that well enough. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before and what your take on it might be. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was browsing over on HSB and came across your other blog which lead me to this blog...and I haven't read your more recent posts for this blog yet, had just scrolled down to see where it began and this post "Wandering" caught my eye. I can say I understand exactly what you are talking about. I don't have an answer to this problem, but I can so relate. Our church has strong biblical teaching that really digs deep into the Word and I love it there and get so much out of our bible studies, sunday school and sermons - but when it comes to my own personal study I feel completely lost as to what to read and have a hard time getting deeper than surface level. Could be that I need to be really praying for God to reveal a deeper understanding during my own time in the Word.

I don't know about you, but I've tried several different ways to get myself into the Word on my own...online devotionals, devotional books, reading plans...and still like you it just doesn't feel right. I pray that I will have a hunger and a thirst to just devour the word of God and be able to get out of it everything that God wants me to know...I remain hopeful for that to truly manifest itself in my life...SOON!

Anyway...I've come across several blogs at HSB where people have left to go to another site. How are you liking this site? I don't have much experience either with all this...I've played around with my template on HSB and have probably learned just enough to get me into trouble (hee hee)! my blog over there is www.homeschoolblogger.com/theincrediblejourney feel free to stop by and say Hi...I love getting comments!

Blessings, Melissa (aka HoneyBee10269)