Saturday, July 19, 2008

Catching Up

Well, things have been a little crazy around here lately. It seems that the more I want to slow down and live a more simple peace filled life, the more chaos and conflict find there way into disrupting our peace. It's hard sometimes to remember that I need to trust the Lord to handle the craziness and learn whatever I can from each situation. Worrying about things sure doesn't help.

Anyway, we have been schooling pretty heavily lately. For various reasons we have gotten behind and now that the girls are about to start 5th grade, it is panicking me a little. So we've schooled through most of the summer. Doing several lessons in Phonics, Math, Handwriting, Spelling, Grammar and Writing each day. The girls are moving at a pretty fast pace. So, I anticipate catching up pretty quickly.

In the meantime we are gearing up for lots of fun stuff. The kids and I will be at church camp for 5 days this week and shortly after we return home our church will be having a night of worship at an outdoor amphitheatre in the area. We would love prayers for the following things:
1. That the children from our church would really bond as a group while they are at camp.
2. That they children at camp would experience the Lord in a whole new way.
3. For safety while at camp.
4. That the many from our city would show up for our worship event and be radically changed.
5. For our worship team, several of which have been under attack as this event has drawn nearer.
6. That anyone who visits our church as a result of this event will feel the love of the Savior through our church body.

Thanks for the prayers. I'll try to do better about posting.
Be Blessed!

(Oh, and as a side note my SIL had another Dr.'s appt. this week and got to hear their babies heartbeat very well. Yea! She's almost 14 weeks. I'm so excited!!!)

1 comment:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Have fun at camp! See ya Saturday.