Thursday, July 3, 2008

July

Apparently, since I homeschool and July is the month before we begin a new school year, July has become my end of the year. It seems that every year in July I rehash with myself everything I think I should have done differently with our schooling. Then I panic trying to figure out how I can fix all of my mistakes in the month before school starts. I also seem to examine everything I dislike about myself and become frustrated that I didn't change more throughout the year.

It's nuts. I have got to figure out a way to let these things go. To just do the best that I can throughout the year and trust that everything is going to be ok.

If there weren't kids in the house who's lives I could be messing up with all of my shortcomings, maybe it wouldn't stress me out so.

Anyway, I know it sounds dumb, but that's just where I am and hopefully very soon I'll be out of this slump. Prayers would help!

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your not the only one. I am always hard on myself for my "shortcomings" I don't think those of us with First child syndrome or type A personalities will ever be able to shed that mentality completely - though I have come a long way- as I am sure you have too if you really looked at yourself through the years. Breathe. . .Breathe...