Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I want to start by reminding/encouraging everyone to go out and vote.

Now, for the good stuff. The Lord has really been laying the word TRUST on my heart lately. So, we are learning about trust in our house. If you feel like there are some areas of fear in your children, I encourage you to work diligently with them on that. I spoke with my children very vaguely about how things in the coming times could be difficult and how we cannot be assured of the Lord's protection/provision if we are allowing fear to keep us in bondage, to keep us from walking out His will for us. We studied about Ruth and how she was King David's great-grandmother and in the lineage of Jesus and how important it was that she made the decisions that she made, even though they weren't easy things to do. She had enough faith and trust in the Lord to step out of her comfort zone, to become a lower class citizen in a land she didn't know, among people that she didn't know. Pretty amazing stuff.

I just want to encourage everyone to get in the Word.

Before you vote check this out:
Proverbs 3:5-6 In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
He will show you who to vote for.

Consider why you are voting for the candidate you have chosen. Are you being selfish?
James 3:16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
If you are voting out of selfishness, out of your own wants and desires, If you are voting purely for economic purposes then the Word clearly says that you will find disorder and every evil practice.

And lastly I want to add that He is in control. He knows what is going on and what is to come.
Daniel 2:20-22
“ Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, And light dwells with Him.
The Word says that He changes the times, He removes kings and raises up kings, He knows what is in the darkness and He is where the light is. Sometimes things have to happen that don't line up with what we think should happen in order for His will to be done.

I don't know what is going to happen today. I know what I want to happen, but above all I know this: God is in control. He has made us many promises and I choose to rest on those promises and trust Him.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

~*Lisa*~ said...

This ma'am is one of the best blogs you have written! I firmly agree with every single bit of this. I am guilty of worrying/fear this is the BIG area God has gotta take control over so that I may live a peaceful holy life! Thank you for speaking up and being heard! Blessings!