Monday, May 11, 2009

Consistency

"...Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless man living on earth at the time. He consistently followed God's will and enjoyed a close relationship with Him." Genesis 6:9 (NLT)

I read this yesterday for the first time in this translation and it really convicted me. I really thought about how much I try to follow God's will in all the big things, but I don't do such a great job with the little ones. I don't keep my thoughts as in check as I should, I snap at my family too much, get too iritated with rude drivers, etc. You know day to day life all the little things that we struggle with. Patrick and I were talking about it on the way to church yesterday and he was saying that he really thought if we would work on all the little things, the big ones would fall into place and I really believe that is right. Consistency in anything is not one of my strong points, but I am going to really work on that. Noah and his family were chosen to be saved from God's wrath because he was righteous, consistent in obedience and walked with the Lord. I know that as the Lord looks upon me now, He does not find all of those things in me, but I know I'm going to really work on it.

I pray you all have a very blessed day!

No comments: