Sunday, June 21, 2009

Easy Greek Style Green Beans and Tomatoes

****ADDED NOTE: I made these for a side dish with supper and all three of my kids LOVED them. Keeli even asked if we could have them for lunch one day. They were a HUGE hit!****


My brother-in-law calls these Greek Green Beans, but if you look up a recipe they would actually have more ingredients. They are great as a side dish, but I love to eat them for lunch and they are super healthy. I had actually forgotten about them. I ate them a lot when I did weight watchers several years ago. They sound a little odd, but you should try them. They're yummy.

1 can green beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 or 2 cloves of garlic (I used minced garlic in a jar that I keep in the fridge, probably a teaspoon)
Salt and pepper to taste

That's it. Put it all in a pot on the stove or in the microwave and heat. I let mine cook for ten minutes or so. That way the garlic has time to permeate the tomatoes and green beans.