Friday, May 7, 2010

Say CHEESE!

We were on a quest for a new camera. Our old one is 5 years old and was really wearing out. It seemed to be having trouble telling when the flash was needed, the lcd had become a bit grainy, sometimes the pics weren't focused well and the batter door was broken (we were using tape and a rubber band, LOL). We REALLY wanted a Digital SLR and found a great deal on one, but we just were not having a peace about spending almost $500 on something that was not a necessity. I talked to my hubby and we decided to meet at Sam's after he got off work. I looked at the cameras when I first got there. We were still considering the SLR, but I another camera also caught my eye. The kids and I wandered the store for a bit while we waited on him. When he got there we headed back to the cameras. He was looking at the SLR when I got there. We talked for a minute and then I mentioned the camera that had peaked my interest. He laughed and said that he had walked straight to that one when he got there. After looking for a few more minutes we decided to go with the less expensive, but very good camera. He did have to sacrifice a viewfinder, but he liked the camera enough that he was game. Here's the new camera :

It's a Nikon Coolpix L110. Our old one was a 3.2 megapixle with a 10x optical zoom. This one is a 12.1 megapixle with a 15x optical zoom. It also has a much bigger LCD screen. We picked up some new photo editing software at Sam's as well. I can't wait to get started with them both! This is a combo gift for hubby and I for Mother's and Father's day.

We always celebrate Mother's Day early. It helps us not have to fight the crowds at restaurants and we can celebrate my Mom on Mother's day. So, tonight we went shopping. I got 2 maxi dresses. I've wanted one for a while and just couldn't find what I wanted at a price I was willing to pay. I bought myself one (as a reward for working a LOT of hours the last few weeks) and the kids went in together and bought me one. I also got a few accessories at another store. I spent a whopping $5.50 on 4 items. Then we went to supper and the food was fabulous. Overall a very good Mother's day celebration!


No comments: