Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm a Winner

No.....for real....I am!

There was a contest on FB to recommend that people become friends of the Camp Macoba page. I did that and I was one of two winners. I won my choice of a $50 gift card to a restaurant or Itunes. I really struggled with this decision, but they graciously agreed to let me have a $25 card to each. Hang in there for a minute and I'll explain why I wanted that.

Then on Sunday afternoon we had a Chili Fest at church. Well, I LOVE chili, especially White Bean Chicken Chili. So, my girls entered a traditional chili and I entered my White Bean Chicken Chili. I WON! (Each category had a winner.) I received a $25 gift card to Chilis.

The reason I had such a hard time deciding between the Itunes card and a restaurant card is that I wanted to buy an Audio Bible for our mp3 players and I wanted to go on a date with my hubby, but I also wanted to take my girls to Chili's with me, since we all kind of worked together on our Chilis. Since Camp Macoba is being so kind as to split it for me I now get to do all of those things. What a BLESSING!

Also, the desire for the audio Bible came about because I've been listening to Biblegateway's free audio Bible and have been loving it, but you have to be near the computer. This will give us the freedom to take it with us. I'm so excited. Maybe Daneesey's winning streak is rubbing off on me!

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Yay! I'm really glad you were one of the winners. It's nice when good things happen to great people!! :)