Monday, January 26, 2009

Simplifying My Life

My hubby and I have been discussing ways to make things run more smoothly around here now that I am working from home. While the list is long, one thing that we could do wasn't difficult, just costly. I have been scanning the adds for a month or so now and have pretty much figured out what the best deal was. Well, yesterday I opened my paper and in the ads I found a better deal on a good product than I have seen in a while. So, after church we went shopping and I am the proud new owner of this:




We got a fabulous deal on an Acer computer. I was unsure about the brand, but I talked to my boss and this is what they are using in the offices at the gym and the processor that it uses is the same one that Compaqs use. I'm really excited. It's going to make things much easier and make me feel more a part of my family. I have been feeling very isolated in my bedroom while I was working. So, it will be nice to park myself at the kitchen table and be near all of the action. Patrick was super sweet and came home and set it all up for me and fixed my wireless network. So, I'm up and running. There is also another big bonus. I have been looking at this:





It is an embroidery machine that has to be hooked up to a computer. The benefit to that is the machine cost much less than one with an on board computer. I actually looked at it when I bought the machine that I have now, but since I only had a desktop computer I decided not to do it, because I didn't want to have to set my sewing machine up right next to my home office. So, I bought a used machine that has been really nice and I absolutely love it, but it just isn't capable of doing all that I want it to do. I'm learning more about it and shopping around and it is very possible that I will be moving up in the embroidery world in the next several months. You know me though, gotta find a great deal first!

1 comment:

~*Lisa*~ said...

When my Dell finally crashed for the last time 6 months ago I purchased an acer and I have to say I LOOVE it. The screen is so much clearer and I have had no problems at all with it. :) Glad that you are connecting again with the family hee hee I feel like I am disconnected right now because of my neck, I have been getting up doing chores then going right back to lay flat on my back in my room :( So I absolutely get it. Well just wanted you to know that the acer brand so far has been great to me :)