Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hanging On To Christmas

Every year I really want to get my Christmas stuff up the day after Christmas and I used to be very successful with that. The last few years it has not worked out that way at all. I think this year I was sick, then we were very busy. Last year for some reason I just wasn't in the mood to decorate. I guess I finished decorating 2 or 3 weeks before Christmas this year. Well, I still haven't undecorated. I intended to take everything down New Years weekend, but too much went on and we were barely home. I really don't want to put it up until it's warm enough for us to do a little cleaning in the storage room. You know it would be a lot easier to clean in there with all of the bins and trees not in there. At this point who knows when we are going to have another warm day. I'm sure ready for one. I have to say since we've been home so much this week and it's been so cold and snowy, I've been pretty happy to have my decorations to enjoy. Seems like we are so busy during the Christmas season that we can barely take time to enjoy them. This week I've sat on the couch and watched the lights twinkle on my tree while I could see the snow coming down outside my window and I must say it was lovely. They'll come down soon, surely. Or who knows, truth be told, we've had to take them down just before the girls birthday party in February more than once. ;)

No comments: