Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Cute New Dress

A friend of mine asked me to replicate a favorite dress that her little girl had outgrown. I love that this particular friend asks me to do things that I've never done before. It makes me spread out and try new things. I looked around on Etsy for a pattern (many of the patterns on Etsy are PDF Patterns and I find them really easy to use). I gave her a few options and ultimately she chose The Tuesday Top and Dress Pattern from Googoo a Gogo. I wanted to make a test dress before I used the fabric my friend had bought. I recently won a couple of yards of fabric from The Bailey Girls via a giveaway at Cole's Corner and Creations. The bodice of the dress is Green Quite Contrary Beautiful and the ruffle and sleeves are a pink on pink polka dot seersucker that I found at Hobby Lobby. I made this one for my two year old niece.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I took this with my cell phone....

No comments: