Friday, March 4, 2011

Dress~A~Girl Around the World Sew Along

LBG studio

Thanks to Cole's Corner and Creations I found out about a Sew~Along at Little Big Girl Studio. I'm very excited to participate in this one, because it is for an AMAZING cause! Go HERE to find out more about the Sew~Along and HERE to find out more about Dress a Girl Around the World.

I am very excited about my plans to carry this out. I plan to have my girls help me and even have a day set up with a friend for her and her daughter to make dresses too. The most exciting part is some of the fabric that I plan to use. My Mammaw had 10 children. They were poor sharecroppers, so she made a lot of her children's clothing, often using feed and grain sacks for her daughters dresses. When she passed away I was blessed to receive much of her fabric stash. I've wondered for quite some time what to do with some of it. I think this is a perfect way to use it! When I told my Mom my plans, she said immediately that my Mammaw would have love that I was using it for this purpose. She was a very sweet woman that made everyone around her feel loved and accepted. I hope and pray that is exactly how these sweet girls will feel when they wear these dresses!

Here's a video of some of the dresses being delivered:

1 comment:

Cole's Corner said...

Yea! I'm so glad you will be participating.
And how cool about your Grandma's fabric.