Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This Weeks Happenings

We are having an interesting week around here. Financial Peace classes were canceled for Monday night, there is nothing scheduled for Tuesday night and we are on fall break from co-op this week, so our schedule for the week has been much lighter than usual. We are spending our time (mostly in our pajamas) doing schoolwork, catching up on housework and enjoying spending time with P while we prepare him for his trip. I have mixed emotions about the coming week. I know I will miss him terribly and I'm definitely praying for his safety and ours while he is away, but I'm also so excited about what the Lord is going to do in Mexico. I can't wait for him to return and tell me all about what he experienced and how God moved while they were there. Seems silly to be anticipating his return before he has even left. The kids and I are planning on getting lots of stuff done around the house while he is away, so he can come home and really relax. I also think we will be spending a lot of time with my sister-in-law next week. My brother is heading to Mexico as well and she will probably be staying with us a lot of the week. I also think that we will be going out Friday night with some really special friends of ours to see "Fireproof", I'm looking forward to that. We haven't been to the movies together in ages. Oh, and on the school front I have been convicted about how little Bible I was integrating into our days, so we are now doing devotions (this month on attitude), reading a story from our Eggermeier's(sp?) book and the scripture that goes along with it, memorizing books of the Bible, some verses, 1st catechisms and having prayer and sometimes worship time. We are also reading from "The Book of Virtues" right now from the chapter on self-discipline. I had forgotten how much we enjoyed that time when we were doing it before and we are all glad to be back on the right track. We will probably be adding some nighttime reading of the new testament (right now we are in the OT in the mornings) and starting a character training curriculum as a family in the evenings. It's called "The Narrow Way" and it's published by Pearables. I hope you all have a blessed week. Please be praying for the team as they prepare to head to Mexico.

1 comment:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Can't wait to hear all about the trip.