Monday, October 6, 2008

Scripture Memory For Children

As a child I always struggled with memorization. I don't want my kids to have the same struggles and I really want the Word to be hidden in their hearts. So, we use the scripture memory method suggested at Simply Charlotte Mason. At first it may seem a bit complicated, but once you make your box you will understand and it has been extremely effective. I love that it continues to review past verses for a very long time. I have been looking for a list of suggested verses to learn. I found one today that I think is a great resource. It has them listed in age groups, but I will tell you that Mason learns most of what my girls are learning and he is 4 grades behind them. Just thought I would share this Parent Handbook for Scripture Memory with everyone. Hope you find it useful.

2 comments:

~*Lisa*~ said...

I will have to check that out! It will come in handy for the older girls trying to earn points in K.Q. The more they learn the more points they get! Hope all is well. Blessings!

Whitmorekru said...

Thanks, for the resources, Ella seems to be great at remembering bible verses so I want to keep that up and this will be helpful for both her and lauran ... and eventually Jeremiah! Hope your having a Great week!