Monday, September 29, 2008

They're Not Little Girls Anymore

My girls are growing up. I have had to have a couple of uncomfortable discussions with them. The first one was probably a year or so ago and was not too bad, kind of funny even. The 2nd one was last night and it was pretty uncomfortable, but it lead into a discussion about them becoming godly women, wives and mothers. It was really sweet. We all cried. I love them tremendously and though it's hard to watch them become young ladies and eventually women and wives and mothers. I'm so proud of them, as uncomfortable as those discussions are, I'm glad they learned it all from me and not some teacher at school or an early bloomer friend. I'm glad they know how all of this crazy stuff that happens to us is part of God's plan to grow them into who He is calling them to be, and I'm thankful for the memories that those discussions have created.

No comments: