Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homemade Eye Make-up Remover

We have allowed our girls to begin to wear a small amount of make-up. I bought them a good waterproof mascara. When they took their showers last night they both came out with raccoon eyes. I had recently given the only eye make-up remover that I had away, so I began to look online for homemade recipes. I'm trying to make more stuff like this out of natural things, to help us avoid chemicals. This was one of the easiest things I've done yet. I modified what I found online a tiny bit and it worked FABULOUSLY.

All you do is mix equal parts canola oil and olive oil (you can also just use olive oil). I mixed 1 Tbsp. of each oil and added 1 drop of lemongrass oil for scent, but you could totally skip the added scent, I just like my stuff to smell good. Put it on a piece of cotton, gently wipe it over your eye, repeat until there is no residue coming off on the cotton. Then was your face as usual. Works great to get the make-up off and to moisturize the area around your eyes.

No comments: