Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Wife's Role #1

At some point during a Bible study I recieved a list of 7 points in a wife's role to her husband/family. I'm not sure who to give credit for the list, but I thought it would be neat to share a point each day for the next week.

#1
Supporter - Respect and honor your husband, God has given men the desire to conquer. When a wife is supportive, a husband is more willing to step out. Criticism keeps him from going forth boldly. Respect the authority God has placed in him. Work together in decision-making. Don't side with the children against him.

a. Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.

b. 1 Peter 3:1,2 Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.


My Notes: Be his biggest fan and let him know it! Encourage him in all that he does...from the little things to the big. It's just not that hard to take him a cold glass of tea while he mows the yard. It's also not hard to say thank you, though if you are not used to saying it, it could be uncomfortable at first, but it easily can become the norm. I often call Patrick at work and ask "Is there anything you need me to do for you today?" or "I'm going to be in town. Do you need anything while I'm here?". 9 times out of 10 is answer is no, but he knows I'm thinking of him and trying to make his life easier. Let him hear you commending him to others. Seriously, if you are just beginning to walk a journey of becoming a godly wife, this is such an easy step to start with. I promise it will become more and more natural to you. I challenge you to think of a creative way to support him today and follow through with it.

1 comment:

Momof3girls said...

What is the name of this Bible study? We will be starting a new one soon at church and this one sounds good.
Blessings,
Penny