Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Wife's role #3

Administrator - Skillful and godly administration will increase and multiply that which the husband has provided. As the Spirit leads, wisley invest that which is saved to produce even more. Know God's plan for you; spend time daily in the Word and prayer with Him. Prosperity comes from seeking the face of the Lord and knowing Him.

a. Proverbs 31:13-27 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

b. Luke 19:13-26

My Notes:
I think this one probably looks a little different in every home. In ours I handle all of the finances, scheduling, etc. My husband jokingly calls me his secretary. Do I invest our money? No, but I do work very hard to make it go farther. I'm very frugal. I do lots of research before a big purchase and look all over until I've found the best deal possible. I'm very cautious even about our food, trying to make sure that we eat healthy, but frugally. Administrating a household requires creativity. I wouldn't call myself creative, but I serve an amazingly creative God and He will supply all of my needs, so when I need some creative influence all I have to do is ask Him.
What ways can you be more creative or more efficient in as administrator over your home?

No comments: