Saturday, March 20, 2010

Accidental Minestrone

Last night I was completely unsure what to make for supper. We had been gone for a couple of days and had just gotten home and I was just struggling to think of something. I've been keeping pre-browned ground beef in the freezer, canned tomatoes in the cabinet and plenty of frozen veggies, so I just thought maybe vegetable soup would work. When I got the tomotoes out I noticed some kidney beans and decided to use those too, then I looked in the fridge to see if we had any leftover veggies in there. We had leftover garlic and rosemary potatoes and green peas. We also had carrots, celery and onions cut up for salads, and I keep a jar of minced garlic in the fridge, so I added all of that. Then I looked up the ingredients online to see if there was a similar soup recipe that would give me an idea of some other herbs to add, but instead found that I had basically just made minestrone. I did add more rosemary and salt and pepper and we sprinkled a bit of parmesan cheese on in our bowls. It was SUPER yummy and healthy, too.

When I have time I'll try to find the recipe that was similar to what I did.

No comments: