Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick Supper

Wednesday's are so busy for us. On a typical Wednesday we are schooling, getting ready for co-op and dance the next day, I'm finishing up the lesson for Wed. night Little Praisers, working, cooking supper, attending a meeting and going to church. I have to be ready to walk out my door with most of that complete no later than 4pm. It is not easy! I also have to make sure that whatever we are having for supper is portable and can be eaten fairly quickly. Patrick and I usually only have about 15 minutes between the meeting and church to try to scarf something down.

As I said before we are eating out of the freezer and pantry. So, today I decided chilli would be the easiest thing to take with us. I don't have bell pepper or onion, so I had to be a little more creative. I ended up using 1 lg. can of tomatos, one can of rotel, three cans of dark red kidney beans, 1 can of green chillis, 2 packets of chilli seasoning and some minced dried onions. I also had ground beef already browned in the freezer. So it literally took me 5 minutes or less to combine all of the ingredients in the crockpot and turn it on. In my book, you can't beat that!

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Five minute meals are *awesome*! :) Have you made a decision on sponsoring a child yet? *Hugs*! :)